Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hooked

One thing about me that if you've ever met me, is that I'm a big sci-fi freak. Well I'm currently feeding my latest addiction. Battlestar Galactica. I love this re-imagination of the series, now I can't compare the two versions as I've never seen the orginal, and I'm not interested in a debate over which series is better. After buying the first half of season 2 and watching most of it twice, I just can't get over how immersive this series is. It really defines good television, it has a great mix of action, drama, a touch of comedy, and HUGE amounts of real human moments. The thing I find most interesting about the series is how it views religion. That and the fact that the Cylons, a computer based race believes in God. It's so interesting watching the religious views clash against each other, and even having some atheists in the mix makes life real interesting, real quick.

Needless to say, if you need to lose yourself in a show for an hour at a time. BSG is a good, gripping show that will take hold of you, and not let go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Thanks for the comment - glad you did as I had lost your homepage address! hhaha.

Oh BSG is great. I love this series and am very much awaiting the next season! I'm also totally addicted to Smallville. Never really got into it at first but am loving it now and hoping to catch up on all the previous seasons sometime this summer.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Joel Schroeder said...

I wish I could get into Smallville, I mean, I love Superman stuff, couldn't get enough of Lois and Clark, and Smallville had the added feature of Luke Duke...come on how great is that?? But for whatever reason, I watch an episode or two, and then something else grabs my attention, like House or Grey's Anatomy. Ah well I guess not every show is meant for me.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home